- Audio mic input extension system
- Discreet wall plates to feed signal into loop amp
- Single gang plate with omni-directional mic
Part of a range of wall, ceiling and desk mountable single gang audio input plates specifically designed to increase the audio input capability of any audio system. A total of six plates are available – one to suit virtually every conceivable variant of audio input connector – and each featuring a built-in mixer, pre-amp, input level control and balancing output.
A self-contained omni-directional electret microphone complete with on-board mic to line level converter. Ideal for mounting in ceilings, walls or desks, the unit offers excellent coverage (typically up to 25m2 when located at a ceiling height of 2.5-3m).
Up to ten plates of any mix can be daisy-chained to one balanced line level input with cable lengths in excess of 100m easily achievable using standard two-pair audio cable (i.e. Belden 8723) with no recognisable degradation of audio signal quality. All plates are surface mountable on 25mm single gang back boxes and can be installed at the most convenient point on an installation, thus overcoming the need for long and potentially hazardous microphone/audio leads. The system is ideal for conference centres, schools, leisure complexes, etc., where the need to have separate and spatially distributed audio inputs is a must. An external d.c. power supply (part no. APV) is available for stand-alone systems for for use with audio equipment that does not have a 12/24V auxiliary output.
- Can be connected to the balanced line level input of any audio system
- Fully cascadable – up to ten outreach plates can be daisy-chained to one balanced line level input
- Plates can be located at any convenient point on an installation
- Standard two-pair audio cable is ideal for most applications
- Network lengths of 100m easily achievable with no degradation of sound quality
- Built-in pre-amp, mixer and level controls included on all variants
- Overcomes the need for excessively long microphone and audio leads
- 12-32V dc operation
- 6dB overload capability
- Surface mountable on 25mm UK single gang back boxes
- Effectively acts as a multi-point distributed mixer with individual level controls
- Optional wall-mounting