High quality surface-mounted boundary microphone
- Sleek rugged enclosure provides a low-profile
- Cardioid, condenser element.
- Phantom power or battery operation (powerpack included)
The Audio-Technica U851A is a high quality surface-mounted boundary microphone designed for audio capturing in conference rooms, board rooms, class rooms, stage performances, podiums, houses-of-worship and more. The sleek rugged enclosure provides a low-profile while housing a cardioid, condenser element.
The cardioid pattern is effective in minimizing noise and feedback at the off-axis sections of the microphone, resulting in greater signal to noise ratio. The UA851’s capsules are interchangeable, omni-directional and hyper-cardioid polar patterns are available. The output connection features a pivot motion for easy installation on flat surfaces. The microphone includes an external phantom power supply unit that provides a standard XLR output connection and 11-52V DC phantom power. Phantom power is supplied via an external source or 1.5V AA alkaline battery.
- Cardioid Pattern
- The cardioid polar pattern is effective in rejecting off-axis audio signal that can cause noise and feedback.
- PivotPoint Rotating Output Connection
- The connector features a pivoting motion, which aids in surface mounting.
- UniSteep Filter
- A low-frequency filter minimizes low frequency rumble and noise caused by vibration, proximity effect, ambiance, etc.
- UniGuard RFI Shielding
- UniGuard shielding protects against noise caused by radio frequency interference that may occur.
- External Power Supply
- An external power supply module supplies 12-52VDC phantom power from an external source or internal 1.5V AA battery. The power supply also provides a standard 3-pin XLR output connection.
Polar Pattern Half-cardioid (cardioid in hemisphere above mounting surface)
Frequency Response 30Hz to 20KHz Dynamic Range (Typical)
Phantom: 111dB,1KHz at Max SPL
Battery: 101dB, 1KHz at Max SPL
Signal-to-Noise Ratio 72dB, 1KHz at 1 Pa
Maximum Input Sound Level Phantom: 133dB SPL, 1KHz at 1% T.H.D.
Battery: 123dB SPL, 1KHz at 1% T.H.D.
Power Requirements 11-52VDC, 2 mA typical
Output Impedance Phantom: 200 ohms
Battery: 270 ohms Output Connectors
Integral 3-pin XLRM-type from power module
Pad No Low Frequency Roll-Off 80Hz, 18dB/octave
Dimensions 3.31 x 2.48 x 0.87″ (84 x 63 x 22mm) (HxWxD) Weight Microphone: 8.6 oz (244g)