The D 5 dynamic vocal microphone for lead and backing vocals delivers a powerful sound even on the noisiest stage. Its supercardioid polar pattern ensures maximum gain before feedback. The D 5 stands for a crisp sound that cuts through every mix.
AKG made the first microphone diaphragm ever whose thickness varies across its diameter. The new Laminated Varimotion diaphragm deep-drawing process allows the diaphragm itself to be fine-tuned with no extra tuning resonators, leading to a quantum leap in audio performance.
The dual shock mount eliminates any kind of mechanical noise for trouble-free live use. The audience will hear nothing but the pristine sound of your voice!
This provides better control of the capsule resonance, reducing the need for expensive mechanical tuning resonators in the shaft to a minimum. Varimotion diaphragms can vibrate freely, providing a much crisper, cleaner sound than conventional designs.
In addition, Emotion Series microphones use a neodymium (NdFeBr) magnet system to deliver an extremely powerful output signal. This will make your vocals cut through the loudest of rhythm sections.
- Live sound
SA 45 Stand adapter
• Polar pattern supercardioid
• Frequency range 70 Hz to 20 kHz
• Sensitivity 2.6 mV/Pa (-52 dBV)
• Max. SPL 147/156 dB SPL (for 1% / 3% THD)
• Equivalent noise level 18 dB-A
• Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted) 76 dB
• Impedance • Recommended load impedance >= 2000 ohms
• Connector 3-pin XLR
• Finish matte grayish blue
• Dimensions length: 185.2 mm (7.3 in.); diameter: 51 mm (2 in.)
• Net weight 340 g (12 oz.)
• Shipping weight 655 g (1.45 lbs.)