Greyfriars Church needed to replace their original older sound system with high quality, modern, multi-purpose audio facilities to offer increased input capacity and to provide full range audio capabilities for live worship bands and consistent sound coverage throughout the Nave. In addition the system was to offer full live band control & audio processing while still offering very simple control for smaller services and non-technical users.
DM worked closely with the product manufacturers, the Church and their architects to ensure careful consideration of the internal architecture and aesthetics including custom made speaker mountings by DM Music. The project included on-site demos of loudspeaker and digital mixer systems, system design and planning; through to final installation, commissioning, comprehensive training and successful system handover, on time and on budget.
Architects: JBKS Architects
The PA system was based around a single pair of discreet, high quality Martin Audio O-line ‘line-array’ loudspeakers to offer consistent sound coverage throughout the Nave. An Allen & Heath GLD digital mixer system provides a wealth of features including simple recall of pre-programmed settings, motorised faders, wireless iPad control, LED channel-naming and colour-coding, compact design to fit into a limited space in the existing operator console with on-stage digital stageboxes (via CAT5 cable) for flexibility of set up plus personal digital monitor mixes for on-stage band use.
Key Audio Items:
- Martin Audio O-line ‘line-array’ loudspeakers at first Nave columns, DM custom bracketry
- Martin Audio CSX subwoofer & CDD compact South Transept in-fill speaker
- Martin Audio power amplifiers and loudspeaker processing (DSP)
- Allen & Heath GLD digital mixer system, AR Series digital stageboxes, ME-1 monitor mixers
- Crestron digital remote control for simple preset-recall for non-technical users
- 4 Channels of Sennheiser ew100 G3 series wireless UHF radio microphones* & re-charging dock system
- Surgex power sequencing/conditioning
*DM also arranged all the necessary radio microphone licenses